Customer insight guides latest safety helmet system
The multi award winning Nexus range is a modular system with the ability to adapt the safety helmet to suit multiple tasks.
Global data and Centurion’s own analysis highlighted changes in the market with chin strap usage becoming more specified in growing regions such as Scandinavia & Asia.
Working at height is a rapidly growing market segment, and so too are the injuries that result from this environment.
In 2016, in the UK alone, there were over 600,000 non-fatal injuries, 37,000 caused from falls from height. Falls from height accounted for the highest percentage of fatalities in the workplace with 26%*.
With these statistics in mind, it is clear why we have started to see recreational climbing helmets, conforming to EN 12492 standard, entering the Industrial sector. These stylish helmets, enable wearers to look good on site, but Centurion’s extensive research confirmed a number of existing limitations:
• Limited to working from height solutions only, with no versatility to offer safety helmets for other roles on site
• They are not attuned to the industrial user who wants a wider system approach such as – Seasonal Accessories, Face Protection, Ear Defenders & Logo Service
• Research into chin straps showed that wear and tear and dirt was a main reason for replacement in the industrial sector and cost of replacing the whole helmet could be avoided
Centurion utilised all of this market and user insight, to design the Nexus range redefining what a safety helmets should be, bridging the gap between stylish recreational helmets and the functional industrial safety helmets of today.
Nexus has modularity built in as standard, this unique feature allows a standard Industrial helmet to be converted in-field to a Working at Height helmet, protecting the user in a multitude of environments. For those companies preparing to address working at height safety conformity, the Nexus system offers the most flexible solution available, helping future proof safety helmet purchases.
ISHN READERS CHOICE AWARD
April 2017: ISHN Reader Choice Awards: Head Protection: Nexus Head Protection System
ISHN’s annual best-in-class safety and health products and services awards are based on voting by ISHN’s readership. Categories include all major PPE types, facility safety products such as machine guards and lockout/tag out devices, signage, chemical exposure monitoring, safety data sheet management, and safety and health training.
BSIF Innovation Award 2017 Commended
March 2017 – BSIF Product Innovation Commended Award – Nexus Head Protection System
The British Safety Industry Safety Awards are held annually recognising and celebrating excellence within our vital industry. The awards event is an important component of our efforts to rebuild the image of Safety and Health in the UK. Following a live product pitch from CEO Jeff Ward the Nexus Head Protection System Finished in the top 5 out of 25 finalists.
Key product features:
- High performance ABS material and creative design enables -40°C low temperature performance, lateral deformation and optimal strength-to- weight ratio
- Optimised “Micro” peak providing maximum upward visibility
- Fully removable and adjustable EN 397 or EN 12492 4 point chin strap accessories available for increased wearer comfort and hygiene
- Premium Dry-Tech sweatband as standard for maximum comfort
- Innovative rear facing ventilation system for EN 50365 and Electric Arc approval