Date: March 2023
Line Manager: Sales & Marketing Director
Department: Sales & Marketing
Main purpose of role:
- To act as the voice of the customer internally and externally to develop effective solutions to meet market and customer needs.
- To analyse customer and market needs to create, present and participate in all activities relevant to campaigns and product launches.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Duties will include:
- Developing sales tools, communicating the vision and value of the products to the sales team and creating unique selling points for new products.
- This role will require experience in developing marketing strategies to communicate the features and benefits of products to their customers. They perform market research on trending products, establish timescales for releasing new products and take part in presentation events.
- This role will also act as the voice of the customer within Centurion, through analysis of a specific customer concern, need or experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Crafting product marketing messages and unique selling points that set the product apart from the rest of the market
- Communicating the vision of the company and the value of new products to the sales team and helping them develop tools that facilitate the sales process
- Planning and participating in the launch of new products from research, set-up through to launch
- Briefing and creating launch materials for support of new product launches
- Presenting products to both internal teams and clients, discussing the sales strategy and using market research and data to establish product pricing and position in market
- Performing survey’s, interviews and focus groups to obtain insights about the customers product usage and buyers’ personas to tap in to new opportunities
- Agree timelines and deadlines of new product development
- Recruitment and management of a direct report: Marketing exec to support on-line content, supporting market and customer materials, web-site copy, social media posts. Development and creation of exhibition and conference event materials
- Working closely with the Sales Team and supporting customer meetings and presentations
- Supporting Trade shows and creating materials to support.
- Ensuring that 121 meetings and appraisals are held in line with company expectations.
- Actively support the achievement of subordinate’s goals by providing training and counsel.
- Challenge poor performance and working practices and inspire to do better.
- Manage any absence in line with company processes.
- Taking ownership of any HR processes, and liaising with HR for more complicated issues
- Ensuring all team members are appropriately trained and competent in their roles.
Educational qualifications or experience:
- Proven experience in analysing market research and the ability to gain insight in to the customers needs and experiences
- Outstanding social media, communication marketing skills for connecting with audiences and growing relationships with them
- Bachelors Degree & or marketing qualifications required
Key Skills and personal qualities:
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to work with multiple teams and departments across the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to create engaging copy, capture and tell unique stories that help sell more products
- Design and creative flair to produce compelling sales materials for both online and print media
- Accurate analytical skills for evaluating and discovering effective marketing strategies
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong presentation skills
- A self starter who is able to work on their own initiative
- This role will be based in Head Office, Thetford, but hybrid working is permitted in line with the hybrid working policy.
- Some travel and overnight stays will be required to support trade shows and other events. This will include overseas travel.