This is an opportunity to turn your interest and skills in design and engineering into new qualifications and, potentially, a long-term career.
Join the Technical & Quality team as an Apprentice Product Design & Development Technician on our focused pathway and you’ll be learning through a mix of on-the-job experience and formal training.
Typical duties will include:
- Applying procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others affected by the operations of the company, at all times
- Preparing engineering models and drawings using relevant software packages
- Assisting in product investigations, preparing design solutions and carrying out exploratory design work
- Reviewing historical records, test reports, and preparing reports using Microsoft Office products
- Collating information into spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office products
- Assist in the testing of products in the company’s modern test centre
- Understanding product performance and safety standards and applying that knowledge to the daily work and to active projects
- Supporting colleagues in the department and wider business with timely responses to requests for Technical and Quality Assurance advice and support
- Activities in support of the delivery of agreed targets relating to the active projects within agreed timescales and budget
- You will attend the selected college for at least 1 day per week to undertake formal education and training
- Any other reasonable duties as required
At the end of your Apprenticeship, you’ll have achieved an EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering through West Suffolk College. This will enable you to gain rounded experience and achieve personal excellence that could open up other career opportunities and support your progression and personal and professional development.
Completing this apprenticeship is the potentially the first step into our Product Development Teams. Once the apprenticeship has been successfully completed, you will have gained the skills and knowledge needed, to apply to be a key member of the Centurion expert NPD team.
The role is also available on the Apprenticeship website, details below:
Apprenticeship vacancy title: Apprentice Product Design & Development Technician
Vacancy reference number: VAC001569857
Vacancy closing date: 02/09/2019
Link to vacancy: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-459398
If you wish to be considered for this role, please apply in writing along with your CV to Stacey Wightman – Head of People Experience outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the position and detailing your relevant skills and experience.Apply now