We will continue to set higher standards on safety, fairness, inclusivity, and healthier working practices. As a committed supplier to the Health and Safety Industry, Safety will remain our number one priority. We have a safety culture in place to ensure we always safeguard the health or employees and the partners we work with.
In 1987, the United Nations Brundtland Commission defined sustainability as “meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” Here at Centurion, we recognise that environmental, energy efficiency and employee safety must be at the heart of how we do business, and we will not rest until these are fully embedded and become an intrinsic part of our business. From designing products concepts through to our supply chain, we will ensure we are committed in helping our environment for ourselves and our customers.
As part of our environmental journey, we were very proud to be awarded ISO 14001 Accreditation in August 2021. Going through this process enabled us to review our then current environmental credentials and allowed us to set our improvement goals. In 2021 we have already seen the following improvements compared to 2020:
• Our Plastic Bags are made from at least 30% recycled plastic
• Our Outer Cardboard Boxes are made from a minimum 60% of recycled material and are 100% recyclable
• We have formulated an Environmental Committee to focus on further improvements we can make
• Zero to Landfill policy
• Switching Company Vehicles to Electric
• Electric Charging Points on site
• All office paper sent for recycling
• Re-usable Cups/Glasses throughout the site
• Energy Efficient Lighting installed throughout the site
• Plastic production waste is sent for re-cycling and redesigned into plastic garden furniture and wheelie bins
• We have Powersave devices fitted to our larger moulding machines to reduce electricity consumption