We have 2 roles available within Marketing as a Head of Product Category.
As the Head of a product category you will lead the product category to deliver short and longer term budgeted sales and contribution, whilst managing the category throughout the product lifecycle from planning to withdrawal, supporting Centurion’s wider strategy and objectives.
These roles will have overall responsibility for defining the ‘why’, ‘what,’ and ‘when’ of the category working with internal manufacturing facilities and external partners to bring products to market in a timely fashion.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Manage and define the product category life-cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, creating 1 & 3-year product road maps, securing executive buy-in.
- Analyse potential partner relationships for finished goods or components to help develop best in class Systems.
- Effectively manage the product tail, proactively reducing sku complexity where possible.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Be the internal voice of the customer – gain a deep understanding of customer experience, to enable identification of, and develop solutions to fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Drive a solution set across Engineering, production and Marketing Communications teams through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, for existing and NPD products, working with all departments to execute.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with the engineering teams to deliver with optimal time and resources.
- Own product launches including working with Marketing Communications team, executives, and other product & sales team members.
- Own Initial Launch forecasting, providing initial forecasts for production, working with sales teams on executing product take up in customer base.
- Evaluate and deliver promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding internally and externally
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback, provide training and sales support on Centurion’s range of respiratory systems.
- Manage product-related support, feedback, and inquiries from users.
- Monitor product inventory.
- Use market feedback to inform product refinements and ongoing developments.
- Develop sales tools and training materials to support launch and tender submission.
- Take ownership of product content and sku creation ensuring consistency of message and accuracy of content across all mediums.
Key Skills and personal qualities:
- Previous experience and knowledge of PPE / H&S market desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrable ability to solve Problems, and create meaningful solutions based on data
- Excellent attention to detail, with a pursuit of excellence.
- Ability to empathise with all team members, accurately translating needs clearly and concisely
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages
- Very strong project management skills
- Previous experience of Category Management at a senior level in a fast-paced commercial business
- Experienced in creating commercial product category plans and launching products into the market.
- A self-starter with an enquiring mind
- Confident to work alone i.e. competent to identify what information is needed, how to obtain it and effectively summarise recommendations
- Highly commercial with excellent presentation and communication skills
If you wish to be considered for this role please apply in writing along with your CV to Stacey Wightman – Head of People Experience outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the position and detailing your relevant skills and experience.Apply now