This role reports to the Finance Manager and will be to support and streamline day to day processes but also build capacity, capability, and resilience. This is a role which offers the opportunity for continuous improvement and provide a breadth of experience in supporting the finance function to add value to the business.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• General Ledger
• Reconciling financial accounts, maintaining records, maintaining spreadsheets and assisting in the preparation of the management accounts (Inc. accruals and prepayments).
• Assist with preparing budgets and forecasts, year-end analysis and help co-ordinate internal and external audits.
• Ensure the trial balance is up to date each month end and prepare relevant reports for review by the Finance Manager and / or the Finance Director.
• Assist the Finance Manager and Finance Director with any other duties as required.
• Update Payroll records, prepare reports and schedule monthly pay runs.
• Resolve Payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information and answering questions and requests.
•Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Sales Ledger
• Ensure new customers are set up in a timely manner, customer records are maintained, and that invoices and receipts are posted accurately.
• Review and chase debtors whilst ensuring credit limits are monitored.
• Maintain accurate records of all chased payments.
• Banking all receipts.
• Credit checks on new customers.
• Purchase Ledger
• Provide cover where required.
• Process invoices and payments runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment.
• Proactively resolve any discrepancies or issues that arise with sales or purchase invoices, raise with the Finance Manager in order that a timely resolution can be identified.
• Ideally a part Qualified or qualified by experience accountant / accounts assistant
• Computer literate and skilled in use of MS office package Inc. Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint
• Experience in use of SAGE accounting software
• Experience in Credit Control desirable
If you wish to be considered for this role please apply in writing along with your CV to Stacey Wightman – Head of People Experience outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the position and detailing your relevant skills and experience.
Closing date 22nd January 2018.