This is a new role for Centurion and one that will be a responsible one of the key areas of our business. The role holder will be responsible for the Maintenance Engineers, Setters and Tool Maintenance Technician. Other vital areas of responsibility will be Continuous Improvement programs in the form of process improvements and equipment upgrades, alongside preventative maintenance plans for the whole area
The ideal candidate will be an experienced all-round engineer that may have a deep understanding and experience of how a mould shop can and should operate. We will be looking for someone that can plan and execute preventative maintenance programs of quite complex equipment and deal with justifications to support expenditure associated with machinery. Experience with leading LEAN manufacturing practice introduction and execution would be as asset.
We are keen to find someone that is structured, has excellent communication both verbally and written and that is very results orientated with clear focus on Right First Time principles.
Main purpose of role:
- To lead the execution of the mould plan OTIF sustainably
- To proactively lead the professionalisation of the mould shop
- To support new product introductions associated with moulding
- To proactively drive efficiencies in the mould shop
- Project management of continuous improvement projects
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To ensure the mould shop has the ongoing capacity to sustainably meet customers’ requirements in terms of quality and quantity by:
- Ensuring the injection moulding tools and associated machinery/accessories are in fit for purpose condition
- Making reasoned recommendations and justifications for backups and/or improvements in terms of tools, ancillary equipment, moulding machines, automation, etc
- Ensuring appropriate preventative maintenance regimes are executed in a cost-effective way for tools, machines, ancillary equipment, etc.
- Minimising costs associated with the mould shop whilst supporting customer demand
- Ensuring the mould shop is run in a professional way in that procedures are up to date, accurate and adhered to and that waste of any kind is minimised, leading to the introduction of LEAN manufacturing technique adoption
If you wish to be considered for this role please apply in writing along with your CV to Stacey Wightman – HR Officer outlining why you feel you would be suitable for the position and detailing your relevant skills and experience.Apply now